Just a friendly reminder!
We are moving over to Sassy Mommy Fitness!
Please be a dear and head over there and follow, subscribe or stalk me on Facebook! I’ve have really enjoyed inspiring you, and hearing your stories over the years and I don’t want to miss any of you!
Thanks for the memories!
I thought long and hard about merging my personal blog and my coaching blog for a while now, and decided what the heck!! Let’s just merge them! So if you are a follower of Run This Mom, or Sassy Pants Fitness, please head over to Sassy Mommy Fitness and follow the new and improved beautiful union of the two!
Fitness, motherhood, running, coaching and food is my life, so keeping these two sites separate seemed a little silly. I am really excited to be there…and SELF HOSTED! WOOOOOOOOOOO! This is a fun learning journey, and I really hope it all works out for the best! It’s been a really great time over here, but I am really looking forward to this new adventure, and I really hope that you join me and follow along. I know that this blog has undergone many changes in 3 years, and that is totally indicative of my life for the last 3 years…lots of changes!
The content and themes of the posts will stay exactly the same, but I am meshing my mommy life with my coaching business. So you will see posts about family, motherhood, food, positivity/inspiration/motivation and fitness. I will share more about my love of Shakeology™, and the Beachbody™ fitness programs like 21 Day Fix™, PiYo™ and more!
It would mean SO MUCH to me if you would head on over to the new Facebook page and click LIKE so that you don’t miss out on anything! And also as of December 31st I will no longer be posting to these pages, and will only be operating under the Sassy Mommy Fitness Page.
Thanks in advance everyone!!
I do love a good pasta soup. And this one I cooked up in the crockpot last week and it was divine!
- 1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 4-6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 package turkey or chicken kielbasa
- 1 cup diced red onion
Optional: diced zucchini, peppers or any other veggie that you love!
- Slice and brown the kielbasa. They are usually already cooked, but I find that sauteing it with the onion and some garlic really brings out the flavor!
- Add the tortellini, diced tomatoes (don’t drain), spinach, cream cheese and stock to the crockpot (or large pot on stove!) I added 4 cups of stock, but could have done as much as 6 to have a little more liquid.
- Add the browned kielbasa and onion saute to the pot.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours depending on your crockpot. Stirring occasionally to mix up the cream cheese.
I found that the cheesey broth was really very light, and not super rich which I really liked. If you wanted it to be a bit more creamy, you could add a can of tomato bisque soup as well to give it more oomph!
This made about 7 lighter servings, which is why I suggest adding some veggies to boost the soup a bit…and get in those veggies!!
Winter that is.
We awoke to snow, and I am not happy about it. I was really hoping for a few more weeks of fall before the tundra set in. But alas…it’s now winter.
So today we are staying in and enjoying the day just the two of us…me and the destroyer of living rooms.
On Saturday I got my hairs did. But it didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to, so I will be going back this Saturday to have it fixed. I am super excited about it and I can’t wait to show you all!
It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
There is no Easy Button to achieve success. You have to climb, and work for it. And then when you get to the top you can look back on where you came from and feel that surge of accomplishment and pride.
How many floors are you climbing today?
Happy Halloween! And holy cow October is over already! I seriously am blown away by how fast this year feels like it’s going by.
I am so not ready for it to be “The Holidays” soon…
Here’s your 5
- Chipotle is not smart pre-workout fuel. Just sayin.
- I have the cutest sidekick eva!
- And my cute little super baby is going through one of the worst sleep regressions right now. I am supposed to also be Wonder Woman…but I am feeling like my super hero name should be Zombie Mom. ugh….I think we might have to try a little melatonin to help her get to sleep and stay asleep. She is my child and I know that I don’t make enough to keep me sleeping like a normal person.
- I get to go back to yoga!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited to be able to go back to a studio and get my hot yoga on!
- I decided this week that I am not stepping on the scale for 60 days. Which could be great for me and also terrifying on January 1st when I weigh myself.
Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!!