I’ve been looking forward to this Friday for a while. It’s a Baby-Free-Friday! Well, mostly! The Hubs is off today for the holiday weekend, so I get some out of the house CPT study time, and then we are having a grown up slumber party at a friends house! Adult beverages, games and good company…it’s gonna be a blast!
It’s also the weekend of races!! The Hubs and I are running the Glo Run tomorrow night, then I have a doubleheader on Monday! Remember last Labor Day…
CRAZY how that was only a year ago!
Ok so here is the 5
- Last week I became a part of this awesome team of ladies and I gotta say…I know that this is absolutely the right decision for me and I cannot wait to see where I can go with this team!
- How is it the end of summer ALREADY!?!?!
- We went to see The Giver last weekend…I wasn’t sure based on the trailer that it would be true to the book…but it was. I balled like a baby during one particular scene…if you’ve read the book or seen the movie then you know what part and why. I am very interested to see if they will continue the series with the remaining 3 books. I would love to see the rest of the story on the screen.
- I started this new book, well audiobook because you know…babies.
- It’s almost 9:30 am and both of my lovies are still sleeping. Whaaaaa?
Oh yeah…that is drunk face. And that is what happens when you leave a camera at a party that I attend. I commandeer it and take senseless pictures. This is from a NYE 2012 party in a swanky loft in Downtown St. Paul…it was a blast. We all danced to the Gangnam Style, took goofy photos, and had too much fun.
A few weeks ago I got this little gem from the ladies of Limelife Planners…and I freaking love it!
I will tell you all about the features, but first because everyone asks about the planner because of the cover…
I made a collage of photos that inspire me, that have the people that I love, and things that I am proud of. I sent the photo over to the ladies after I ordered but had no idea that it would look SO AMAZING! IT turned out beautifully!
It is an 18 month planner, with a monthly spread and also weekly planning pages too. The basic planner just has the monthly pages, but you can add a few different add-ons to make this a totally custom planner. I added the weekly pages, and a meal planner.
I am beyond thrilled with my planner and you should head over to their page and check em out!!
When Babylove was first born we really struggled with the breastfeeding thing. Mostly because I felt like I was not making enough milk. So I set out to find some lactation cookies that could help me. And now, nearly 11 months later, we are still going strong! I can’t believe that we’ve made it nearly a year.
The first batch was sort of a flop. They tasted awful, and lasted forever because I just didn’t want to eat them. But then I altered the recipe a bit and the next batch was great! But you are a new mom and ain’t no booby got time fo dat!
So here are my 3 favorite lactation recipes that I have made, and loved!
Butterscotch Lactation cookies
White Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
Last Thursday I was invited to a clinic at a local running store, Run N Fun (love them!) with running coach rockstar, and Olympian Jeff Galloway! If you’ve never heard of Jeff Galloway…and if you run then you should definitely know who he is, he is responsible for developing the Run Walk Run method for training and completing races. It’s a great method by the way.
He gave a great talk about his coaching, and did a Q&A.
I had no idea that he was such a research based coach. He has written many books, and does so much research and looks at lots of studies in order to write and give the most up-to-date and accurate info about training.
Some of the topics he covered:
- Cognitive strategies – having a mantra, or magic words to get you through.
- How to improve your endurance – adjusting your training schedule to achieve maximum recovery after a long run or event day
- Running Camps – um, yeah…I wanna go to a grown up sleep away running camp!
- Nutrition – the salt and carb loading myths.
It was so inspiring to see him and listen to his talk. I’ve been slacking in the running department this summer, but I think I can get back on track if I employ the Galloway Method!
Have you met any Run Coach Rockstars?
What a week!! There has been so much going on here this week!
The weather has been a bit crummy here in Minneapolis this week, and that is no fun! Hopefully next week is better!
Ok now for the 5
- My child has been oh-so-crabby this week. I know that she is teething, and it hurts…but then she went and did this…
- My first 5 Day Clean Eating Challenge Group was introduced yesterday…and it sold out in a matter of a few hours! So excited to get these people started, and get the next group going in another few weeks!
- I also set a pretty big intention this week…and I am really nervous and also super duper excited about it. I put some BHAGS out there and in less than a year from now these will all be donezo!
- After a week off from the Chiropractor, I got some more work done and am feeling so much better! I have been struggling with some intense low back pain, and extremely tight hip flexors for months now, and with just that little bit of work I am feeling better and cannot wait to hit the pavement again!
- Last night I got to meet Jeff Galloway! I always get super inspired to be a better athlete after meeting running superstars. It was a great night, and I will be doing a separate post about that event later on.
So excited that the first group is full! BUT…
That does not mean that you can’t get in on this challenge! WE will be doing another round soon! So if you want first dibs on that next group shoot me an email at email@example.com
I cannot wait to get these guys started!!