This is a hard TBT, but I am sharing this one again as reminder that we all start somewhere! This was taken about a year ago, I think I was 30 days postpartum.
I am now a year PP and don’t look much different. I am starting to embrace that “mommy-body” rather than hating it. And I am working on changing it rather than accepting it.
As I have been trying to find the balance between being a mom and taking care of myself, I have been on the hunt for quick workouts. Time is always such a precious thing nowadays. So if you are like me and pressed for time to workout, try one or two of these awesome 10 minute workouts from the Girls Gone Sporty blog!
We are now at that point in the year where holiday treats will tempt you, lure you and eventually end up on your ass. So to stay on track this holiday season, start out this year with some tools to avoid going nuts this year and you won’t gain 15 pounds before the end of the year!
Check out these tips from the Fitfluential blog on having a healthier halloween!
I saw this on Pinterest yesterday, and it really spoke to me. I’ve been checking in on the scale and it is sadly going the exact opposite way that I want it to. So I made a decision…
I am not getting back on it for 60 days.
It makes me sad when I do, and then I just beat myself up. So the scale and I are going to take some time apart. I want to re-focus my energy on other things, and I am not going to let it control my feelings anymore.
I am always looking for new ways to sweat. I’ve been on the bench as far as running goes the last few weeks, but I am ready to get back to it. So I have been focusing on getting strong and building some muscle to help aid my recovery.
Check out these awesome workouts from the #fitfluential blog!
photo credit: FitFoodieFinds.com and Purelytwins.com
Today, Monday is not going to suck. I am going to make this Monday my b!tch and get stuff done. I have a long task list and I am not going to be until it gets done.
I am going to run a 5k today for my virtual Halloween Hobble, knock out that task list, meet with my trainer, and spend the day with my little. Because seriously…
Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a Corn Maze and Fall Festival. We had so much fun, and it was awesome being able to spend some family time with #Babylove and Run This Dad.
What are you doing today?
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.