I am always looking for new ways to sweat. I’ve been on the bench as far as running goes the last few weeks, but I am ready to get back to it. So I have been focusing on getting strong and building some muscle to help aid my recovery.
Check out these awesome workouts from the #fitfluential blog!
photo credit: FitFoodieFinds.com and Purelytwins.com
Today, Monday is not going to suck. I am going to make this Monday my b!tch and get stuff done. I have a long task list and I am not going to be until it gets done.
I am going to run a 5k today for my virtual Halloween Hobble, knock out that task list, meet with my trainer, and spend the day with my little. Because seriously…
Yesterday we spent the afternoon at a Corn Maze and Fall Festival. We had so much fun, and it was awesome being able to spend some family time with #Babylove and Run This Dad.
What are you doing today?
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.
I don’t know about you, but as a mommy and a wifey I sometimes struggle with finding a balance in my roles between those two jobs and doing what I wanna do. I know it’s super selfish to still want to achieve my own goals now that I have a little human to raise….right?
NO! It’s not actually.
It’s awesome that I have goals that I want to achieve in my personal life and in my professional life. Having goals is what moves us forward! I often struggle with working on my goals once I have set them, or broadcast them to the world as it were…
But I am not seeing my inability to conquer my goals as a failure. I just need to readjust my expectations of what I can do in the time I have given myself. I have to change what my vision of my fitness life looks like. And that might mean that I work out with Hadley next to me, or I go to the gym at night. Or maybe I find a buddy to workout with that will help me stay on track!
Whatever that looks like for me, finding the balance is going to take some time and that is ok.
How do you find balance in your life between working out and being with your family?
Packet Pick up before my very first half marathon. I had no clue what I was in for!
Were you nervous for your first half? Or full, or other race distance? I have had anxiety before shorter distances too!
So my half marathon is this week.
And I am so unbelievably nervous and freaked out. I thought this quote was super fitting for this week. I really hope that my fear and nervousness gets replaced by excitement!
And oh the other reason I am tooootalllly freeeaking ouuut…
This girl turns one TOMORROW.
Oh friends…it has been such a week. Like the loooooooooooongest week eva…
Last week Miss Hads had her surgery on her hand. And then got a full arm cast. Oy. At least we know that she has a killer right hook. Owie. It’s not stopping her or slowing her down at. all. Which is great. The cast comes off on October 14th.
Is it October 14th yet? No? Ok then…
Here’s your 5!
- Run This Dad and I made some really excited plans and decision for the future of our family and I am beyond thrilled about it. But I can’t share yet. Sorry… :)
- I pulled out of my 10 miler from last weekend, and have chosen not to run my half next week. I have not been training very well, due to injury. So I know it’s best. But I’m super bummed about spending the money on so many races that I never got to do because of my stupid back.
- Starting next Friday we will be having a new friend come to play with us 4 days a week! It’ll be good for Miss Hadley to have a buddy around, and not just me! I am excited to start babysitting again!
- I am giving away a Spartan Race Entry! DO NOT MISS IT!
- I hate teething. That is all.