It’s November. How the heck did that happen?! 2014 is nearly gone already! I feel like I barely got used to 2014, and soon it will be 2015. I have lots of big plans for 2015, and I can’t wait to start them, in fact I may roll some of them out sooner than 2015!
Tonight is date night. Yaaaaaaaay! It will be so nice to get away for an overnight, and SLEEP. The little human has been a nightmare at night recently. Last night we did kid care for my in-laws so that they could have a date night and we’ve got a HOUSEFUL of kids today! I am trying out the stairstepper thing today…it’s amusing.
Here’s your five
- A toy bomb x 3 has gone off in my house.
- Hadley is NOT happy about this day. There have been lots of tears and it’s only 10 am.
- We are doing a No TV November Challenge..no tv shows for 30 days. We even canceled Netflix & Hulu so we wouldn’t be tempted.
- I might have to break the No TV November Challenge today.
- The 2 & 3 year old are getting along swimmingly! It’s hard to be 1.
- BONUS THING: New hair day tomorrow!
Do you have big plans for the weekend?
As I have been trying to find the balance between being a mom and taking care of myself, I have been on the hunt for quick workouts. Time is always such a precious thing nowadays. So if you are like me and pressed for time to workout, try one or two of these awesome 10 minute workouts from the Girls Gone Sporty blog!
It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.
Packet Pick up before my very first half marathon. I had no clue what I was in for!
Were you nervous for your first half? Or full, or other race distance? I have had anxiety before shorter distances too!
So my half marathon is this week.
And I am so unbelievably nervous and freaked out. I thought this quote was super fitting for this week. I really hope that my fear and nervousness gets replaced by excitement!
And oh the other reason I am tooootalllly freeeaking ouuut…
This girl turns one TOMORROW.
Spartan Race is on a mission to get you active, healthy, excited about change, and return to our ancient roots where running through woods, getting dirty, and facing adversity was part of everyday life. Spartan events are all about challenging today’s perception of normal.
I did my first obstacle race this summer, and got roped into doing another next summer. But the Spartan is a beast! And I’ve got ONE FREE ENTRY to give away to any of the Spartan events! The Entry is for any open heat (non-confirmed start time) in any Spartan Race in the continental US.
Even if you don’t win…you can still get 10% off of any race!! Use code: SPARTANBLOGGER to get your discounted entry!
Wanna win the free entry? Enter at the link below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway