It’s nutso that it’s the middle of October already. I feel like time is going on warp speed these days. I know that this is just the beginning, and 5 years from now I am going to wonder where that time went.
So here’s the 5
- We have a new friend who comes over 4 days a week. We will call her Cutie Pie. She’s 2 and super fun, and she and Hadley get along so well! Hadley loves her to bits and gets so excited to see her. It warms my heart!
- I have been kicking my butt at the gym this week. So good infact that I am sore, so very sore…and have been for days. And because I love you all I am sharing this butt kicking circuit with you!
- Hadley and I have been taking an obnoxious number of selfies lately.
- My Hubby, the best Hubby ever, Run This Dad got me an HOUR LONG MASSAGE THIS AFTERNOON. Dude…is he not the BEST guy eva?? I am pretty sure he is.
- Because I punked out on so many races this year, I am already planning 2015. I am torn between sticking to just virtual races, and choosing 2 halfs (one early summer, one late fall), and 5 5ks and the Women Run The Cities 10 miler a few weeks before that fall half as a long training run. I have not decided yet…I have a few months to decide. But I am going to totally overhaul my approach to writing a training plan if I go the in person races so that I am fully trained and prepared for those races so that I can avoid any more injury.
Packet Pick up before my very first half marathon. I had no clue what I was in for!
Were you nervous for your first half? Or full, or other race distance? I have had anxiety before shorter distances too!
So my half marathon is this week.
And I am so unbelievably nervous and freaked out. I thought this quote was super fitting for this week. I really hope that my fear and nervousness gets replaced by excitement!
And oh the other reason I am tooootalllly freeeaking ouuut…
This girl turns one TOMORROW.
Spartan Race is on a mission to get you active, healthy, excited about change, and return to our ancient roots where running through woods, getting dirty, and facing adversity was part of everyday life. Spartan events are all about challenging today’s perception of normal.
I did my first obstacle race this summer, and got roped into doing another next summer. But the Spartan is a beast! And I’ve got ONE FREE ENTRY to give away to any of the Spartan events! The Entry is for any open heat (non-confirmed start time) in any Spartan Race in the continental US.
Even if you don’t win…you can still get 10% off of any race!! Use code: SPARTANBLOGGER to get your discounted entry!
Wanna win the free entry? Enter at the link below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So this has been a week. RIght now I am sitting in the waiting room at Gillette Children’s in St. Paul anxiously awaiting an update, and the return of my child. Is it over yet?!
Here’s your five…
- I needed some serious motivation this week. I’ve been having a little ankle pain since running the #TheGloRun…seriously no more night races for me. They only end in injury. I got out and ran, but it was a rough run. I am running the Women Run The Cities 10 miler this weekend…and I am a bit nervous for how my ankle will do…
- I’ve been doing the #21dayfix this week and am down about 2 pounds so far! Woot!
- Grey’s Anatomy yesterday…anyone watch? Been waiting many long months for this!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
- I set up my workspace last weekend…I am not working from there at the moment…still working on getting the last few things organized. But I love this desk!
- I have been seeing this quote blowing up my newsfeed this week. So I think that the universe is trying to tell me something…
True Story on this Monday morning!
A few weeks back Run This Dad and I did the Glo Run, where I PRd, and ran 3 miles non-stop…well I did it again on Saturday at the gym. Both nonstop and a PR!!
Which is great because I have a 10 mile race and that half in the next few weeks. So I must do more of that!
I have mentioned before that I have been having back issues, and hip flexor issues…and of course now that those issues are resolved, for the most part, I am now having major ankle pain while running. Boo!
But…I am not going to let it get me down! I will just ease up on my minimal shoes and try to do the next few trainings in a shore with more stability. Hopefully that will help ease some of that pain.
What gets you going?